French Family Association

Mara French, P.O. Box 1109, Sutter Creek, CA 95685-1109. 209-267-0649 marafrench@mindspring.com

Chart #1, Thomas French of Assington

This chart updated by Mara French on 2/21/08. Return to FFA Home Page.

(c) Copyright 1999, 2007 by Mara French. All files on this website are copyrighted by their submitter and creator. They may be linked to, but may not be reproduced on another website or in any other form without specific permission of the submitter, owner, publisher and this site moderator. Although public records are as such not copyrightable, the manner in which they are presented, including the notes, comments, etc. are. The information on this site is provided free of charge for your personal use only.

St. Edmund Church of Assington

The Assington church is at the north end of the village, just outside the village sign ŅAssington.Ó Most Frenches of this line were baptized here. No French stone exists in the cemetery. Those still remaining are from the 1800s.

The interior is lined with monuments to the Gurdon family dating from the 16th to 20th centuries. Since 1907 the porch windows have been blocked. The chest tomb of ca. 1800 is for three members of the Klopfer family of Boxford and Ipswich.

Suffolk Churches Website: http://www.suffolkchurches.co.uk/assington.htm

More Photos of the Church